Renee recommends you:
The Marriott Westchester, a Stone’s Throw From Historic Hudson Valley
If you don’t know #Tarrytown #NewYork, it’s worth checking out next time you’re in the New York City area. An hour or so north of the city near Elmsford New York lies quaint Tarrytown, which is oozing with #history in and around the town itself. If you’re thinking of taking a breather in Westchester County, the #Marriott Westchester is an excellent hotel choice. Perfect for some #relaxation and all the #luxury amenities you will need.
The hotel features 444 rooms and suites with massive 37″ flat-panel TVs. The property is conveniently located, reliable and there’s some interesting details you might not expect from a traditional Marriott hotel.
Hotel Westchester Marriott
The Rockfeller Estate Guided Tour
Central Park Bike Rental
We had adorable towel elephant with groovy glasses waiting for us on the bed when we checked in.
They also have a generous fitness center (it was ten times better than we anticipated btw), an indoor pool and the Tatiana Day Spa. The fitness center has cardiovascular equipment, free weights, new treadmills, elliptical trainers, excercise bikes and stairclimbers.
If you’re looking for attractions nearby to take in during your stay, there are several options all within an hour of the hotel, including:
Historic Hudson Valley – Philipsburg Manor, Sunnyside and Kykuit (Rockefeller Estate)
West Point Military Academy
Van Cortlandt Manor
The Westchester (Upscale Mall)
TWO THUMBS UP!!
What we most loved:
1. The fun details with the amenities in the room.
2. The pool was warm and inviting despite being inside since it’s atrium style and there’s a hot tub nearby. (see photo below)
3. They have a fabulous farm-to-table sustainable restaurant on-site, called Cooper’s Mill which we loved. (see our separate write-up review on our dinner)
4. The service was top notch.
5. They have a great fitness facility.