What you will do
Day 1: Tokyo – Nagano - Tokyo
- Train tickets will be sent to your hotel in Tokyo 1 day prior to the tour.
- Please note the departure time for the Shinkansen Bullet Train will be assigned depending on its availability.
Between 7:40 am - 8:40 am:
- Proceed to Tokyo Station. Upon arrival, take a Shinkansen Bullet Train for Nagano. (Approx. 115 min.)
9:45 am - 10:20 am:
- Upon arrival at Nagano Station, meet an English speaking guide and proceed to Zenkojishita by bus. (Approx. 10min.)
- A renonwned temple built in 642 A.D. The main hall, also a national treasure, is a rare wooden structure 177 feet wide and 85 feet tall.
- After a Japanese-style lunch, proceed to Yudanaka Station by local train and take a taxi to Kanbayashi Onsen-guchi. Then walk to the monkey park.
Jigokudani Monkey Park:
- Enjoy watching wild Japanese macaques, known as "snow monkeys," descending from the steep cliff of the park and sit near or soak in the warm hot springs. (Approx. 50min.) Return to the Kanbayashi Onsen-guchi bus stop on foot and take a bus to Yudanaka Station.
- After arriving at Yudanaka Station, proceed to the Yudanaka Onsen Ryokan (Japanese-style Inn) "Issa no Komichi Biyu no Yado". Relax and soothe yourself in a natural hot-spring bath.
Between 5:50 pm - 7:40 pm:
- Take a Shinkansen Bullet Train from Nagano Station to Tokyo Station. (Approx. 105 min.)
7:35 pm - 9:30 pm:
- Tour disbands upon arrival.
- Ground transportation as specified in the itinerary
- Admission fee as specified in the itinerary
- One (1) Lunch
- English-speaking guide from/to Nagano Station
- Meals unless specified in the itinerary or notified by your agent
- Transportation other than those specified above or notified by your agent
- Individual expenses
Please bring a coat, gloves, and snow boots, or non-slip shoes as you will need to walk on a snowy road to reach Jigokudani Monkey Park.
Dec. 6, 2013 - Mar. 21, 2014 (Wednesdays and Fridays)
Nagano Prefecture, Japan
Provided byDestination Japan
Destination Japan is a package tour service that takes you to Japan and gives you a one-of-a-kind experience you won’t find anywhere else. Our tours are specially tailored to show you Japan’s deep world of pop culture and tradition, and do it better than any other tour service out there for an even better price. Designed to be your window to whatever aspect of Japan you love, and to expose you to new and fascinating things you might not have known about, Destination Japan has everything you could want in a tour. We’re here to make going to Japan easy, exciting, and unique, and we think that’s just the kind of trip to Japan you’re looking for!
Organized and managed by H.I.S. International Tours, the US-Japan travel agency that is second to none, Destination Japan is poised to provide you with a professionally run tour service to Japan that still gives you the excitement and freedom that you yearn for on traditional sightseeing tours. Destination Japan understands what it takes to make a tour fun and interesting no matter where your interests lay. With experienced and friendly staff to accommodate you any way possible, you can count on a relaxed yet unique experience on a Destination Japan tour.destination-japan.com
Terms & Conditions
- The coupon will be valid for 12 months from the purchase date.
- General cancellation policy applies.
- This coupon is under general terms and conditions.