Cookies, also known as an HTTP cookie, web cookie, or browser cookie, are small text or data files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of a website.
When you use the Yonderbound website, a number of cookies are stored in your web browser, as detailed in this Cookies Policy. Some of these cookies are essential for the Website to work, others we wish to use so that we can continually improve the website. The Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011 ("Regulations"), which came into force at EU level on the 26 May 2011, mean that we have to obtain your consent before cookies are set. In accordance with these Regulations, we are making information available about the nature of the cookies which we may use on our website.
The Regulations identifies one type of cookie, which is described as "strictly necessary" for the operation of a website, for which your consent as a user is not required. For all other cookies your consent is required. The cookies that may be used when you use our website are explained below.
Webpages have no memory. A user who moves from page to page within a website is not recognised as the same user across pages. Cookies enable the user's browser to be recognised by the website. Therefore, cookies are mainly used to remember the choices a user has made (e.g., remembering the language you speak or your preferences), or to recognise recurring visitors to the website.
Yonderbound keeps all the information collected from cookies in a non-personally identifiable format. This type of information obtained through cookies will not be disclosed outside Yonderbound or designated Third Parties who are involved in the operation of the website. It will not be used for unsolicited communications.
Session cookies located on your computer do not contain your name but a unique identifier of your browsing session. After the user's session is cancelled the information contained in the cookies is no longer available to Yonderbound.
Please ensure that your computer setting reflects whether you are happy to accept cookies or not. You can set your browser to warn you before accepting cookies, or you can simply set it to refuse them, although you may not have access to all the features of this website if you do so. See your browser 'help' button for how you can do this. You do not need to have cookies on to use or navigate through many parts of the Yonderbound website. Remember that if you use different computers in different locations, you will need to ensure that each browser is adjusted to suit your cookie preferences.
The website uses one specific cookie which is essential for its software to work properly: JSESSIONID. This cookie is used to create a session ID for the user, so that the system itself can identify the user as a unique and individual user, distinct from anyone else looking at the website. This information is not used or stored outside Yonderbound systems, and is held only temporarily while the user is accessing account pages and other pages which require unique and secure access. Without this cookie, such access could not remain secure, so it is very important.
Yonderbound strives to offer its users an advanced and user-friendly website that adapts automatically to their needs and wishes. To achieve this, our website uses 5 main types of cookies:
- Functional cookies: We use functional cookies to remember your preferences and to help you use our website efficiently and effectively, for example by remembering your preferred currency and language, your searches, the accommodation you have viewed earlier and your email when choosing "Remember me" on sign in. These functional cookies are not strictly necessary for the functioning of our website, but they add functionality for you as a user and enhance your experience.
- Authentication cookies: these are required so that we know whether the user is logged in or not, and which account they are logged in under. Without such a mechanism, the website would not know whether to send a page containing sensitive information, or require the user to authenticate by logging in.
- Technical cookies: We use technical cookies to show you our website, to make it function correctly, to create your user account, to log you in and to manage your bookings. These technical cookies are strictly necessary for our website to function properly.
- Analytics cookies: To gain insight into how our users use the website, to find out what works and what doesn't, to optimise and improve the website and to ensure we continue to be interesting and relevant for our users, we use analytics cookies. The data we gather includes the viewed web pages, referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp information and details like the number of (mouse) clicks on a given page, mouse movements, scrolling activity and the (search) words you use and the text you type while using our website. This information is anonymised as we really only need statistics. Any analysis is carried out for our own internal business purposes.
- Commercial cookies: to show you Yonderbound advertisements on other websites (retargeting), potentially based on which destinations you have searched for, or which accommodation you have viewed. These cookies are typically placed by trusted third parties.
Yonderbound uses several cookies, with a varying lifespan, some of them won't expire unless you erase them from your browser. All cookies can be erased from the browser when desired.
You can find the Yonderbound cookies in your browser settings.
Yes. Yonderbound uses the services of trusted and recognised online advertising and marketing companies. To enable their services, these companies need to place cookies.
The providers we use are committed to building consumer awareness and establishing responsible business and data management practices and standards. Most of these companies are a member of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) and/or the Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB). Members of NAI and IAB adhere to industry standards and codes of conduct. The NAI and IAB members offer a general opt-out function of the behavioural advertising. Please visit www.networkadvertising.org and www.youronlinechoices.com to identify the NAI members that have placed an advertising cookie file on your computer. To opt out of an NAI or IAB member's behavioural advertising programme, simply check the box that corresponds to the company from which you wish to opt out.
Only Yonderbound has access to the cookie data of Yonderbound. Please note that from time to time, we may use third party service providers for marketing analysis and quality improvement purposes. Cookies placed by third parties may be accessed by these third parties.
No. Yonderbound statistically analyses the behaviour of all users only on our own website. You may receive ads from Yonderbound on different sites (retargeting), which is based on your history on our website. This information is anonymous. We do not follow your behaviour outside of Yonderbound.
Using your browser settings (e.g., Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox, Chrome) you can set which cookies to accept and reject. It depends on your brand of browser where these settings are located. Using the "Help" function in your browser, you can locate the relevant settings.
Please note that if you do not accept certain cookies, you may not be able to use some functionality of our website. Please also note that opting out of an advertising network does not mean that you will no longer receive or be subject to online advertising or marketing analysis. It means that the network from which you opted out will no longer deliver ads tailored to your web preferences and usage patterns.
For more information on the new legislation regarding cookies, see the Information Commissioners Office's website - www.ico.gov.uk.
For useful information on cookies, see AboutCookies.org
We reserve the right to make any changes and corrections to this Cookies Policy. Please refer to this page from time to time to review these and new additional information.