Australian Travel Expert
Drew is the founder of The Tailor, a company specializing solely in hand crafted Australian journeys and is regarded as the leading experiential and luxury travel company in the land ‘down under.’
Drew began his career in luxury experiential tourism in 1995 when he travelled to Africa and managed Wilderness Trails Lodge at the Lewa Downs Wildlife Conservancy in Kenya; one of the first flagship products of Luxe East African Lodges. He spent almost three years managing Wilderness Trails Lodge in Kenya. Drew created The Tailor immediately on his return from Kenya in 1997 at the age of 26 before officially founding the company in 1998. The following year he was awarded an Entrepreneurial Scholarship sponsored by Ernst & Young, the American Chamber of Commerce and the University of Adelaide. Since 1998 The Tailor has been offering handcrafted Australian adventures for discerning travellers from around the world; through the eyes of ‘The Locals,’ whilst always maintaining an exceptional standard of quality. The company was founded on a platform of excellence and authenticity.
Over the years Drew Kluska and The Tailor have received numerous prestigious awards from publications such as:
• Australian Gourmet Traveller for the inaugural “best tourism innovator” award
• National Geographic Adventure USA as the number 1 Australian company in the world for the ‘Best Adventure Travel Companies on Earth’
• Travel & Leisure Australia – Innovators Awards
• Conde Nast Traveller UK named Drew as one of its 50 top travel experts in the world.
• More recently Drew was invited to become a founding fellow of the Shackleton & Selous Society, an elite global network of leading travel guides.
Other awards and recognition have included:
• 2015 Winner of the Luxperience Awards for Connections, recognizing the best integrated e-Marketing programme promoting luxury or experiential travel
• In 2014 The Tailor was shortlisted for the Pure Awards for both Innovative and Engaging Marketing, as well as Contribution to Experiential Travel
• Listed as part of The Dream List; 32 Trips of a Lifetime by Conde Nast USA
• Flying Food Safari voted as one of Australian Traveller Magazine’s “100 Greatest Australian Gourmet Experiences”
• “Top 50 Trips of a Lifetime” by National Geographic USA