What you will do
A Navajo hogan is an authentic, traditional Navajo home. This multi-sided or dome-shaped dwelling with a doorway facing east is a place that is cherished and respected by all Navajos. Navajo creation stories describe how First Man and First Woman built the original hogan. It represents the universe and all the things in it. The hogan also represents the harmony that can be found in Nature.
A hogan is more than a home. Being a representation of the universe, it is also a sacred place for Navajo ceremonies.
Inside a hogan, a woodburing stove sits in the center of a single, unpartitioned room, and a stovepipe extends through the open smokehole.
- Dinner – Vegetarian or non vegetarian Navajo Taco dish w/ drinks
- Entertainment from flute playing to Navajo Singing and Dancing around camp fire
- Presentation of the Navajo history, tradition and culture
- Camp fire seasonal folk tale stories.
- A 2.5 hours sunset jeep tour
- A sunrise viewing jeep tour in the morning
- Sleeping bag and mats
- Chemical toilets
- Continental European style breakfast
Oljato-Monument Valley, Utah, United States
Provided byTrail Handler Tours
Who else knows more "inside information" about beautiful Monument Valley than the people that are born and raised there, the people that call it their Motherland? Our Great great-grandfather, Mr. Grey Whiskers, has left a legacy to his children, who to this day still live in Monument Valley. His knowledge and understanding has been respectfully shared from generation to generation, making it possible for different nationalities from all over the world who visit this wonderful and beautiful "Eighth Wonder of the World", to experience Monument Valley in the purest way.www.trailhandlertours.com
Terms & Conditions
- The coupon will be valid for 12 months from the purchase date.
- General cancellation policy applies.
- This coupon is under general terms and conditions.