What you will do
Spice of Life Tours takes you on an excursion exploring the food, history, architecture and entertainment of Chicago’s Little India. This experience is a feast for the senses with its vivid colorful shops and great tasting South Asian food. Strolling down Devon Avenue gives the impression that you have been transported to the streets of Mumbai, Karachi or Dhaka. Our tour exposes you to the rich culture of India, Pakistan, and Bangladesh. On the tour you can browse shops for all sorts of Indian goods and foods, including clothing, spices and home decor. It is a tour not to be missed!
On the tour, we sample several cuisines from India, Pakistan and Bangladesh. Our guided tour has many stops that include many sit-down tastings. Serving sizes are plentiful for lunch that dinner may not be necessary. Not only will you taste authentic cuisines from different regions of South Asia, but you will also participate in several interactive and engaging cultural activities. This tour is an ultimate epicurean delight for Chicagoans and travelers alike. Whether you are visiting Chicago for the first time or have been an avid foodie, you will gain a profound understanding of Chicago’s Little India as a culinary scene. All foods and cultural activities are included in the ticket price.
Highlights of the Little India Food Tour:
- You will immerse yourself in the neighborhood that is filled with rich ethnic heritage.
- Get an opportunity to try exotic Indian cuisine.
- Little India is a misnomer because there are several countries that are represented within the neighborhood. Countries include: India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, East African nations like Ethiopia and Somalia along with several Eastern Europeans and Middle Eastern cultures.
- There are over 40 languages that are spoken on this mile long stretch of Devon Avenue.
- Attendees receive our extensive neighborhood guide that features restaurants, specialty stores, religious and historic landmarks, maps, and directions.
- Support local specialty stores, businesses and restaurants.
- Indian and Pakistani appetizers and snacks
- Indian Book Store with cultural activities
- Indian Boutique
- Henna Tattoos
- Spice Store
- Pakistani BBQ
3 hours and 30 minutes
: 12 people
: Tour takes place rain or shine
Chicago, United States
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Provided bySpice of Life Tours
Spice of Life Tours was created to find the ultimate cultural and food experiences in Chicago. We immerse our clients in diverse cultural experiences and offer delicious ethnic foods. Each tour consists of several venues within Chicago neighborhoods.
Spice of Life Tours offers an exciting food tasting and discovery tour to anyone searching for exotic experiences. We focus on genuine food establishments that locals frequent while incorporating unique and succulent food tastings. All attendees are exposed to the history, culture, and architecture of Chicago’s neighborhoods.
Terms & Conditions
- The coupon will be valid for 12 months from the purchase date.
- General cancellation policy applies.
- This coupon is under general terms and conditions.