What you will do
One day basking shark boat tours based from Oban giving you approx 8-9 hours of wildlife watching and searching for basking sharks. On this trip we cover more distance and give you the most time of any other day tour available locally. The trips are tailored to those who want to swim but we have had plenty people watching on board who had a great time. You guys you can also getting involved in the science project, recording sightings, photo ID and other important information.
- Whole Day Wildlife Boat Tour
- Knowledgable Guides
- Hot & Cold Drinks
- Home Baking & Snacks
- Amazing wildlife, scenery and culture
- Onboard binoculars, books and information guides
- Equipment Hire, please contact us if you need equipment.
- Weather or Wildlife Guarantees! Sorry we’d love to be able to do that. But we do cover so much ground in an island archipelago there is always plenty of sheltered water.
- Although we have plenty of snacks onboard, please bring your lunch with you.
- Accommodation – we can book this for you, either on the night before or after in Oban.
- Transport to Oban- again we can arrange this for you as necessary, especially for large groups arriving from overseas.
- Passengers can join from Tobermory, Mull on this tour. If you wish to start or end your trip In Tobermory this is also possible.
Provided byBasking Shark Scotland
Welcome to Basking Shark Scotland – home of the only dedicated basking shark tours based from Oban, Scotland.
We offer excursions to the Inner Hebrides, where our mission is to provide great interactions with the abundant wildlife of the area. Our main focus is boat based and in-water swimming experiences with basking sharks. Special tours are organised from May to September to coincide with the sharks’ migration to the area where they feed on the abundant plankton.
Terms & Conditions
- The coupon will be valid for 12 months from the purchase date.
- General cancellation policy applies.
- This coupon is under general terms and conditions.