What you will do
After scouting the Nile in 1986 and again in 1995, Adrift made the first ever descent of the Victoria Nile in 1996 and introduced commercial rafting to Uganda. Rafting has since become the most popular tourist activity in the country. Contrary to popular myth surrounding the Nile, the river is clean, warm and spectacular in Uganda. Unlike the better-known Nile in Egypt, river traffic at the source is restricted to dugout canoes, monitor lizards, rafts and shy river otters.
Widely regarded as the best one day rafting trip on the planet. This is the safest and most popular trip down the Nile, challenging legendary rapids in the hands of those who know the river best.
Choose to paddle as part of a team or opt for a softer option and be rowed downstream by our professional guides in the safety raft. Enjoy a mouth-watering lunch on Malubisi island mid-stream in the Nile (this option is unique to Adrift) and relax the beneath the spacious thatched rooves we have purposely designed and constructed at the start and end points of the rafting experience. There is no better value on the Nile.
- Award-winning 5-star Adrift river crew, by far the most experienced on the continent
- Safety rafts and kayakers, and a professional photographer
- High-flotation life jackets, helmets, spray jackets and custom-made rafting equipment
- Delicious lunch on our private mid-river island
- Tasty snacks beneath our stunning thatch roof shelters at the start and finish points.
- Free vehicle shuttle from Kampala to Jinja
Full day rafting is US $140
: 16 years
Jinja, Eastern Region, Uganda
We are at Riverbase (located at the end of the road where Jinja Nile Resort is) Kimaka Road, Jinja, Uganda
Adrift is the most popular and respected adventure tour operator in the country. From the Adrift river base at Nile High Camp on the banks of the Nile our professional international crew offer a wide range of adventure options to suit all tastes. These include whitewater rafting, family rafting, bungee jumping, river boarding, surfing, community conservation projects, team-building and mountain climbing.
For 25-years Adrift guides have been leading river descents on every planet except the frozen one and our safety record is envied and unequalled. Safety is paramount in each one of the activities we offer and to date over 30,000 people have chosen to raft safely with Adrift.adrift.ug
Terms & Conditions
- The coupon will be valid for 12 months from the purchase date.
- General cancellation policy applies.
- This coupon is under general terms and conditions.