What you will do
Then you go to the ancient town of Avanos, which was called Venessa in the old times. It overlooks the longest river in Turkey, the Kızılırmak (Red River), which separates Avanos from the rest of Cappadocia. The most famous historical feature of Avanos, which is still relevant and prominent today, is its production of earthenware products. The ceramic trade in this district and its countless pottery factories date back to the Hittites. The ceramic clay from the red silt of the Kızılırmak has always been used. You can watch the potters at work using the kick wheel, a technique that has never changed over generations. Later you can try making your own pottery.
- Pickup from and dropoff to your hotel in Göreme, Ürgüp or Uçhisar
- Transport in a comfortable, AC, non-smoking minivan
- Professional, experienced and licensed local guide
- Entry fees to the museums and sights listed in the itinerary
- Beverages at lunch
- Non-mandatory but customary tips
- Personal travel insurance
December to March
Göreme, Nevşehir, Turkey
Provided byGoreme Tour
Avanos, (Venessa in ancient times), is situated about 10 km from Göreme on the banks of the longest river of Turkey, the Kızılırmak (Red River). The most famous historical feature of Avanos is the production of pottery. The ceramic trade in this area and its numerous pottery workshops date right back to the Hittites, and the ceramic clay from the red silt of the Kızılırmak has always been used.www.newgoreme.com
Terms & Conditions
- The coupon will be valid for 12 months from the purchase date.
- General cancellation policy applies.
- This coupon is under general terms and conditions.