What you will do
On the right bank of the broad Tagus river estuary, the capital of Portugal graciously reclines over rolling hills. This is a spectacular geographical location and does much to explain the cosmopolitan history of the city. Its exceptional natural light, which has long inspired writers, photographs and filmmakers. With the arrival of the Moors from the 8th century, it was renamed Aschbouna. The city fell to the Portuguese in 1147, when conquered by the first king of Portugal, Afonso Henriques. It became the national capital in 1255.
Sites included in our tour:
- Baixa (downtown): Park Edward VII, Avenida da Liberdade, Squares of Rossio and Restauradores, St. Dominic's Church (18th century), Ginjinha, Baixa Pombalina (Pombaline Downtown), Praça do Comércio.
- Castle of Saint George
- Alfama: viewpoint Senhora do Monte, Lisbon Cathedral (12th century)
- Great Square of the Royal Palace
- Belem: Belem Tower (16th century), monument of Discoveries (20th century), Traditional Milk Custard Tarts of Belém Pastéis de Belém (19th century), Monastery of Jeronimos (UNESCO)
- Bairro Alto: viewpoint São Pedro de Alcântara, Church of São Roque (17th century)
Lisbon, Lisbon, Portugal
Pick-up Point Note
For your convenience, our guide will pick you up directly at your hotel, apartment, airport or cruise terminal.
Provided byLux Invicta Portugal Tours
Lux Invicta offers exclusive tours (one day/half day) with comfortable and modern cars, for groups with a maximum of seven people. Come and discover a different Portugal, our tours cherish History, Heritage, the legends and Portuguese Culture. Travelling in time with us, we provide landscape of Portugal.www.rotadosamantes.com
Terms & Conditions
- The coupon will be valid for 12 months from the purchase date.
- General cancellation policy applies.
- This coupon is under general terms and conditions.