What you will do
WWinter is perhaps the most special time to explore the wild and untamed Norwegian scenery. The landscape is covered in white snow and the air is fresh, pure and crisp. Clusters of cosy houses glow on the shores like embers. The stunning backdrop of snow-clad mountains reflects the polar twilight.
Sailing with Hurtigruten to Norway’s northern reaches, you can experience a magical winter wonderland and hopefully see the mesmerizing aurora borealis, the northern lights. For thousands of years, locals, visitors, artists, and scientists in the northern part of the world have marvelled at the spectacular displays that occasionally light up the night sky. Sailing with Hurtigruten will provide the best chances of experiencing the magic color show as it changes from light green to dark purple and flickers across the Arctic sky.
- Arctic Circle ceremony
- Two northern lights presentations
- Northern lights above the Arctic Circle
- Freshly cooked fish cakes served on deck at the entrance of the Trollfjord
- Sail past the light art at Finnkirka, a Sámi sacrificial site
- King crabs from the Barents Sea, and lecture on deck by local fisherman
- Ice dipping in the Barents Sea
- ‘Fish on deck’ fillet demonstration
- Leaving the Arctic ceremony
November 1st to March 31st
Bergen, Hordaland, Norway
From the magnificent fjords of Norway to the breathtaking ice-filled bays of Antarctica, Hurtigruten is renowned for its comprehensive collection of voyages to remote, beautiful and dramatic coastlines from the far north to the distant south.
With over 120 years of maritime experience and our fleet of 14 intimate and comfortable ships, we offer voyages that go beyond the traditional cruise, allowing closer encounters with environments, wildlife and people along shorelines near and far.
Terms & Conditions
- The coupon will be valid for 12 months from the purchase date.
- General cancellation policy applies.
- This coupon is under general terms and conditions.