What you will do
This is a coastal tour along the seaside villages east of Kalamata. From the beach of the Messinian capital to the coastal villages of the municipality of West Mani such as Almyros, Mikri Mantinia, Paleochora, Akrogiali, Santova and Kitries, we discover numerous small beaches, spectacular rock formations and turquoise waters.
At the beginning of our journey we attend a comprehensive overview of the basic principles of sea kayaking, we learn about the equipment and the details of our journey. During the activity will enjoy the cozy Messinian gulf paddling next to scenic harbors with fishing boats while receiving interesting knowledge and information about the culture, history and traditions of the region. In the spots with the most beautiful waters we take the advantage for a break for snorkeling. A bigger break is scheduled halfway in order to relax, swim in the cool waters and taste a traditional picnic with local products and fruits.
The activity includes a 30 minutes preparation time 2-2.5 hours paddling exploration, 1-1.5 hours free time for picnic, relaxation, snorkeling, swimming, diving and other activities. The starting point and the direction we follow is based on weather conditions and wind direction.
Participants should have with them:
1. Bottle of water
3. Sun cream (during summer months)
5. Extra pair of shoes that will get wet. Suitable shoes are lightweight trainers, flip flops, sandals or sea shoes. Avoid bulky shoes
Explore Messinia reserves the right to modify or cancel any outdoor activity due to bad weather or technical difficulties. There is a minimum number of 2 participants required for the implementation of this outdoor activity. Explore Messinia reserves the right to postpone or cancel the activity in case of non completion of the required number of participants.
1. Full Sea Kayak equipment: boat, paddle, life jacket, spray-skirt, waterproof jacket.
2. Extra equipment: waterproof bags and cases, pumps and paddle-float.
3. Snorkeling equipment (goggles and respirators).
4. BCU trained and certified guides
5. Sea Kayak course.
6. Tour planning – Sightseeing
7. Picnic with fruits and Traditional delicacies.
8. Transfer from the exit point to entry point (if necessary).
9. Photographs from the activity.
10. Liability insurance
11. All taxes
: 5-6 nautical miles
: Suitable for all / No previous experience required
Provided byExplore Messinia
Explore Messinia is a company designed to provide outdoor activities services and guided tours such as sea kayaking, hiking tours, mountain biking , mountain and riverside walks. Each tour will take place in relatively undisturbed, natural areas and devoted for enjoyment and appreciation of natural environment by minimizing the negative effects of visitors.www.exploremessinia.com
Terms & Conditions
- The coupon will be valid for 12 months from the purchase date.
- General cancellation policy applies.
- This coupon is under general terms and conditions.