What you will do
Some people’s idea of a beer adventure is checking out that pub two streets over from the local. The true beer connoisseur is a different breed. Designed with the fancy suds aficionado in mind, this eight-day trip takes you to the ancestral home of Trappist, one of the world’s finest brewers. In Belgium, you’ll visit the six Trappist monastery-breweries in Belgium (including the chance to taste Westvleteren, one of beerdom’s most celebrated brews), explore Brussels and Bruges, and stuff yourself with mussels, waffles, and chocolate galore. (Hey, beer-tasting is hungry work.)
Day 1: Brussels
- Arrive at any time.
Day 2: Brussels
- Enjoy an orientation walk of the city before a free day to explore. Opt to visit a chocolate factory, the Delirium beer hall, Art Deco Turkish baths, or indulge in a gourmet Belgium tour.
Day 3: Brussels/Rochefort
- See the church at Abbaye Notre Dame de Saint Remy where Rochefort is made – with some luck, they'll let us in for a peek. Head to the markets and collect some picnic supplies to enjoy with a Trappist beer.
Day 4: Rochefort/Bruges
- Visit Orval in late morning to try beer and Trappist cheese. Enjoy an included lunch at the brasserie near Chimay for a taste of beer normally reserved for the monks. Head to Bruges for the night.
Day 5: Bruges
- Enjoy a free morning in Bruges. In the afternoon, head out with a local for a barbecue. He'll share his stash of the rare Westvleteren beer.
Day 6: Bruges/Antwerpen
- Travel to Antwerp, stopping en route to visit Westmalle. Enjoy a tasting at the Café Trappisten. Next, sample some Achel near the brewery before continuing on to Antwerp.
Day 7: Antwerpen
- Enjoy a free day in Antwerp with the option to visit a local brewery by bike, check out some museums, or venture underground on an Antwerp sewer tour.
Day 8: Antwerpen
- Depart Antwerp at any time.
- Brussels orientation walk
- Rochefort visit including beer tasting and picnic
- Orval visit with beer and Trappist cheese tasting
- Chimay visit with lunch and tasting at a local brasserie
- Bruges orientation walk
- Barbecue home meal near Westvleteren with beer tasting
- Antwerp orientation walk
- Café Trappisten beer tasting (Westmalle)
- Achel visit with tasting
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
Antwerp, Flanders, Belgium
Brussels, Brussels, Belgium
Provided byG Adventure
Travelling with G Adventures is the very best way to get up close and personal with your planet in a way you’d never manage on your own. For more than 20 years, we’ve brought together people from all over the globe to create lifelong connections. This is your planet, after all—and the better you get to know it, the more it'll give you in return.www.gadventures.com
Terms & Conditions
- The coupon will be valid for 12 months from the purchase date.
- General cancellation policy applies.
- This coupon is under general terms and conditions.