What you will do
Come and join us on a wonderful ride with breath-taking views of the landscape where the opening scenes of the movie The Sound of Music were filmed - not only in the city of Salzburg!
The film was taken 1964 because of the enormous achievment of the musical from Hammerstein and Rodgers "The Sound of Music" in 1959. Both, muscial and film, based on the Book "The Story of the Trapp Family Singers" written by Maria von Trapp in 1949.
Go on the traces of the Trapp family and take a tour to Salzburg and its surroundings. Visit all of the original film settings and feel, how Julie Andrews, the main character in the film, feels by playing Maria von Trapp.
Relax and listen to the Original Sound of Music soundtrack. You will not just see lots of highlights of the movie "The Sound of Music", but also get to know historical and architectural landmarks in the city as well as in the Lake District area.
1. Mirabell Gardens - You will certainly have heard about Mirabell Gardens where the song "Do-Re-Mi" was filmed. After or before joining the tour, we warmly recommend to see the gardens for yourself and explore the Pegasus Fountain as well as the Do-Re-Mi steps.
2. Leopoldskron Palace - You will have a photo stop at the lake where the famous boating scene was filmed. You will see the Captain´s backyard and private palace gardens.3
3. Hellbrunn Palace, Gazebo - Visit the gardens of Hellbrunn Palace and find the gazebo which was rebuilt especially for the fans of the movie - you certainl y will remember the song "16 going on 17" scene and the kissing scene of Maria and Baron von Trapp.4
4. Nonnberg Abbey - You will have a photo stop at the leg of the mountain, to get a view at Nonnberg Abbey which is still an active convent today. This is where "real" Maria was a novice and where she and Baron von Trapp got married in real life. The Abbey does not allow visits within its walls, but you are invited to walk up to the front gate to their Gothic church for a visit or for church services after our tour.5
5. Salzburg Lake District Area - St Gilgen - After your film-location tour within the town of Salzburg, you will drive out into the lake district, passing Lake Fuschl and Lake Wolfgang, where panorama shots and scenes of the picnic were filmed. Enjoy the wonderful view down on to St. Gilgen and Lake Wolfgang!6
6. Mondsee - Wedding Chapel - In Mondsee you have the chance to see the famous church, where the wedding of Maria and Baron von Trapp was filmed in the movie The Sound of Music. Afterwards you will have a little break to explore this little town by yourself.
Salzburg, Salzburg, Austria
Provided byPanorama Tours
Salzburg is rich in tradition, history and culture. The old town is part of the UNESCO World Cultural Heritage. Look and see the various facettes of the Sound of Music town.
The Incoming Department of Salzburg Panorama Tours, Panorama Tours & Travel is just around the corner of Mirabell Square and offers additional services like accommodation, ticket service, the handling of Incentives, Congresses and Meetings.
Terms & Conditions
- The coupon will be valid for 12 months from the purchase date.
- General cancellation policy applies.
- This coupon is under general terms and conditions.