What you will do
Sail through the Beagle Channel, explore Cape Horn and cross the famous Drake Passage on your way to the "last continent." You may spot magnificent birds, such as albatrosses and petrels, as well as Humpback and Minke whales swimming on their way down to Antarctica. Navigate through the South Shetland Islands, visiting the most unique places and enjoying some of the best wildlife sites in this region of Antarctica. With daily excursions, your naturalist team will give lectures to introduce and inform you about this spectacular continent. On the last day, disembark at King George Island and fly to Punta Arenas, Chile.
Day 1: Ushuaia, Argentina
Day 2: Nassau Bay / Drake Passage
Day 3: Drake Passage
Day 4: South Shetland Islands
Day 5: King George Island / Punta Arenas, ChileDay 6Punta Arenas / Depart
- Accommodations aboard ship; 1 night post-cruise hotel stay with breakfast in Punta Arenas;
- Transfers airport / hotel on day of scheduled return flight from Antarctica;
- Transfers hotel / airport on last day of program;
- Flight from King George Island to Punta Arenas;
- Meals aboard ship; wine, beer, juice, and soft drinks served with lunch and dinner on board ship; coffee tea, chocolate, cappuccino, water, and snacks on board ship throughout expedition;
- Guided shore excursions;
- Lectures and entertainment on board;
- Comprehensive pre- and post-voyage information material;
- Loan of waterproof boots for landing in Antarctica;
- Contingency plan (outlined below); IAATO passenger fee.
- Airfare, other than those offered in the program;
- Visa and/or passport expenses;
- Arrival and departure taxes, if applicable;
- Transfers other than those offered in the program, lodging and meals other than those offered in the program;
- Mandatory evacuation insurance;
- Recommended travel insurance;
- Personal expenses, such as beverages from bar;
- Laundry service, telephone calls, use of Internet or other means of communication, etc.;
- Gratuity to ship's crew at the end of the voyage.
Provided byExpedition Trips
Expedition trips take you to the most remote corners of the Earth and bring you closer to our planet’s most awe-inspiring destinations more than any other style of travel. Swim with sea lions in the magical Galapagos Islands, kayak alongside humpback whales in Alaska’s Inside Passage, witness the quiet power of polar bears striding along the pristine glaciers of Arctic Svalbard, or walk amongst thousands of friendly penguins on the shores of Antarctica...
We invite you to peruse our collection of over 375 expeditions worldwide. Come explore with us and prepare yourself to be inspired--these trips will change the way you view the world. We look forward to hearing from you and sharing our stories of adventurewww.expeditiontrips.com
Terms & Conditions
- The coupon will be valid for 12 months from the purchase date.
- General cancellation policy applies.
- This coupon is under general terms and conditions.